So there you are, carving knife and fork in hand and the Christmas turkey awaits you on its platter, surrounded by crisp roasties, stuffing and sprouts; the crackers have been pulled and the family are all looking expectant with empty plates…and your phone rings insistently. You groan, your partner looks daggers at you, but you have to answer… and there it is, your nightmare. You’re a keyholder at work and access is needed as an alarm has gone off…. or perhaps urgent admittance is needed to an otherwise secure area or storage facility, and it’s your responsibility, Christmas Day or not.
You may laugh, but if you’re a keyholder or senior executive, facilities or security manager, this scenario could happen to you or members of your hardworking staff also enjoying precious time off, UNLESS you use certain specialist doors in your premises that don’t need a key….
There are wooden doors, and there are barred doors, steel doors and all manner of security locks… but they all require keys or a physical presence of specified or recognisable people to open. Keyless doors which are designed, manufactured and tested to the rigorous LPS1175 standard, giving them Police and Insurance approval, are a unique and gold standard security system and provide a total sense of security for those in a company responsible for the protection of the building, its contents or simply to restrict access to certain areas.
Imagine how useful a door would be if…
- it was keyless and therefore prevented all unauthorised access
- it is monitored remotely via the internet
- it uses internet and mobile phone technology to record and report information on every entry and exit including unauthorised entry attempts
- it can also photograph personnel as they enter their own, unique access code or, capture the image of an intruder trying to gain access to a secured building and, personal access codes can be changed remotely in an instant via the internet
- it can’t be removed by cutting-off the hinges
- the door is reinforced stainless steel with a five-point independent locking mechanism that is unique
- its multi-level pin code access is standard via a built-in keypad
- you can programme your own entry codes
- the built-in twin battery system provides unique fail-safe operation allowing for more than 150,000 door operations for up to 9 years
- its manual internal mechanism allows for easy/rapid exit in emergencies – you can never be locked-in
- single use access codes are available for emergency services and unexpected visitors
- the automatic locking and slam-lock system keeps the door locked at all times
- it has received the acclaimed ‘Secured by Design’ accreditation; a UK Police preferred specification which supports the principles of ‘designing out crime’ to reduce the risk of crime through design excellence.
Does this sound too good to be true? Well, it’s not. Could you keep the Crown Jewels behind it? Ask HM The Queen! If you think it would work for your organisation or facility, you just need a Toreadoor – designed and manufactured by Clearway.
Clearway’s Toreadoor metal security doors are the preferred choice of Local Authorities, the NHS and other public and private sector organisations as well as property management companies, facilities and security managers, not only for its many operational benefits, but also because it was the first and still is the only security door approved by the Police, having won prestigious accreditations for design and security excellence.
Taken from the Spanish word ‘Toreador’, literally “to fight a bull”, the Clearway Keyless Toreadoor incorporates a range of security features simply not available on any other product. So if you’re the slightest bit worried about being dragged away from your turkey and pudding this Christmas, or indeed at any time when you’re on holiday or snuggled up in bed, get on the phone to Clearway now …. so if your phone goes off when you least want it to, whoever is calling you can be given a simple one off code to open the door and sort out the problem themselves and leave you in peace!